In this guide you`ll learn everything you need to know about Ableton Live.
What it is.
Why you need it.
(And most important of all) how to get Ableton live free
What more to install after Ableton?
Let’s dive right in.
What is Ableton Live?
Ableton Live is music production software (sequencer) for MacOS and Windows. Live is designed to be an instrument for live performances as well as a tool for composing, recording, arranging, mixing and mastering. The software is highly preferred by a community of artists, sound designers and dedicated musicians from across the world.
For example here in the video you have The Chainsmokers for Future Music in London explaining the creation of their global hit Roses, featuring vocalist Rozes.
Top Music Arts Recreated an educational purpose project file you can download Rozez Remake here
In other words: Ableton Live is the best software if you want to produce music.
That leads us to our next section...
Why you need it?
Top Music Arts really recommend Ableton Live for a couple of reasons:
1) Ableton Live is available for MacOS and Windows. We think is a very good reason to work in Ableton instead of using FL Studio that is only for windows, or Logic that is exclusive for MacOS. If you have a Macbook when traveling and a home windows PC with sound monitors, you can share your project files between the 2 workstations and continue you production. Top Music Arts can unite music producers and make Ableton Tutorials and Ableton Templates available for both the platform.
2) The fastest. We tested many sequencers: Reason, Cubase, FL Studio etc. We realized that this is the fastest sequencer. It saves a lot of your CPU, especially if you have an old computer with slow processor. It has perfect effects automations, Freeze track function, simple to use with audio samples, supports VST/AU, and more technical stuff we are going to tell you in our future post.
3) File Manager. Ableton live handles the file management in such of a great way. it`s super easy to find what you're looking for you just type.. When it comes to plugin if you need the pro q in light you just go to the VST folder keeper and you will bring up pro-q you'll just drag it in your insert and you're done with. You have a new function where you can put your favorite plugin and tag it with colors. Ableton has this browser that doesn't take too much space.
4) Usability. Ableton Live is very easy to use. In arrangement view you simply put any MIDI channel or Audio Channel samples, drop the instrument/vst and mixing/effect plugin after that. Here you have an example of Ableton Piano, Ableton Reverb, Ableton EQ and Ableton Compressor
These are just few examples of the best features. Once you get Ableton Live free, you can immediately start producing music in any genre : Future Bass, EDM, Pop, Techno, Trap and House.
How to get it?
You can easily download Ableton live for free from the official website of Ableton Software. The premium software is available to try for free on the platform. To get things started, follow these steps:
- Go to https://www.ableton.com
- There, in the upper right corner, you will notice a heading “try live for free”. Click on it
- You will be taken to the installation page of the software for the download of free Ableton live
- On this page, chose your operating system. The Ableton live free is available for macOS and Windows OS.
- Click on the download and your Ableton live free download will begin in a moment.
- Wait for the installation to complete and then click on the setup icon to start installing it on your computer.
Check this video to see what is Ableton Live:
Ableton Live 10 comes in 3 editions:
Intro - Standard - Suite.
1) Ableton Intro
2) Ableton Standart has Grand Piano, Guitars and Bass,
3) Ableton Suite is the most complete version. You have a lot of sounds like: Electric Keyboards, Orchestral Brass, Orchestral Mallets, Orchestral Strings,
They share common features, but Standard and Suite have additional features, instruments, effects, and Packs. Here The main differences:
For more detail check: Ableton Website
What more to install after Ableton live free?
After you got you free Ableton Live Free. Topmusicarts recommend to download free Ableton Live creative extensions:
1) Classic Synths by Katsuhiro Chiba - Inspired by classic 80s hardware synths, Japanese musician Katsuhiro Chiba used Max for Live to build three synthesizers that capture the iconic sound of the era. 'Classic Synths' contains three synthesizers with a classic 80s sound.
2) Mad Beatz by KJ Sawka - A loop library produced exclusively for Ableton by KJ Sawka. Includes drum loops, bass and melodic loops, Ableton groove templates and MIDI grooves recorded by KJ Sawka.
3) Kasio by Oli Larkin - When Oli Larkin wanted to design a software version of one of his favorite vintage digital synths, Max for Live was the obvious choice. Kasio features Phase Distortion synthesis inspired by a classic line of digital synthesizers.
Then proceed for these free vst instruments:
1) CamelCrusher - free ‘colouring’ multi-effect plugin. It offers two characteristically different distortion sounds which can be blended together to create a wide variety of tones and textures. Great for guitars, drums and plenty more!
2) Xfer Records OTT, DJMFilter, and Dimension Expander. Available Free download here https://xferrecords.com/freeware/
What about VST instruments? Top music arts highly recommend to get:
1) Serum by Xfer Records [189 USD]
Best wavetable synthesizer with a truly high-quality sound, visual, and creative workflow-oriented interface. For beginners it`s perfect. Because you can do almost every sound you want without any other vst needed. Serum has a very simple and friendly interface that you won’t even have to reach for the manual to start experimenting.
2) Sylenth1 by Lennar Digital [139 €]
Sylenth is the most used synthesizer in the world. It`s even used on high levels. Most Ableton Tutorial on youtube are using Sylenth. It has the sound quality standards of hardware synths.
3) Nexus 2 by reFX [249 USD Starter Edition]
There’s a lot of controversy surrounding this “synthesizer”, but this is actually a ROMpler. If you want to be a pro music producer who wants great sounds out of the box having simply layers, this is the tool you’re looking for.
Ableton live free is a huge software and a complete music sequencer. Hence, it requires some specifications to be met by your system in order to run accurately. Hence, you should check the system requirements before initiating the installation.
When you have downloaded Ableton Live free, check our Ableton Tutorials on our youtube channel
Here you have an Example of our video: How to make a tropical House track from scratch:
You can also download our Free Tropical House Template and start learning how a professional track is made. You Just open the project with Ableton Live and edit the audio / MIDI channels
Here you have an other Example of our video: How to make a Future Bass track from scratch:
You can also download our Free Future Bass Template and start learning how a professional track is made. You Just open the project with Ableton Live and edit the audio / MIDI channels
Now I`d Like to Hear from you
Now that you`ve read all about Ableton Free Download, I`d Like to hear what you have to say.
Have you tried to produce music?
If so, how did it go?
Let me know by leaving a comment below right now.